Monday, June 22, 2015

Trip to Tucson


I went to Tucson this last weekend and spent some time in art museums and galleries.  The photo above was in one of the gallery showings of a variety of art by Tucson based artists.  I thought this one was amazing.  It's by photographer William Lesch and it's a time lapse view of a thunderstorm over Tucson.  (It was taken from A Mountain for those familiar with the area.)  Here's what the artist said about it:

"The summer sky transforms itself from the featureless white-hot blue of June to the twisting, dark energy of July Thunderstorms."

It has quite an impact!

16 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Wow, that IS amazing. I don't know how he did a time-lapse and yet got the clouds so clear, because surely they were moving. Maybe he layered still images of the clouds somehow?

Billy Blue Eyes said...

What an amazing capture

Kate said...

Lesch is both a gifted artist and writer. What fun, isn't it, to visit museums? MIA has a book club with a different novel each month. I just finished Rebecca and am curious to see what art the museum selects to go with the story. I'lll find out tomorrow when I take the tour.

Judy said...

Wow! I wonder how he did that. (not that I would be able to do it even if I knew how)

RedPat said...

That is amazing, Sharon!

Lowell said...

I don't know how he did that, but I'd guess it's a time-lapse as well as a combination. Very powerful, whatever! I wouldn't hang it in my bedroom, though. Maybe a guest room? :)

BTW, I'm glad that I was able to energize some fond, old memories for you!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

On my heavens what a spectacular image Sharon.. This is one that we would all love to have under our belts :) I haven't attempted time lapse as yet, have you?

Catalyst said...

However he did it, the man is an artist.

cieldequimper said...

I'm gobsmacked!

William Kendall said...

Wow!

Randy said...

That is truly amazing.

Bob Crowe said...

Oh. I thought you had made a really good HDR.

Anonymous said...

Great series... the owl is priceless!

Kathy said...

Wow! Drama to its highest!

Unknown said...

No wonder you find it amazing! WOW!

Thérèse said...

Hard to believe everything happened at once!