Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Diamond Bloom


I discovered a new sculpture in Scottsdale located in front of the new Scottsdale Museum of the West.  It's called "Diamond Bloom" by Curtis Pittman.



The description for the piece says:

"Delicately emerging from the landscape Diamond Bloom serves as an icon marking the southern edge of Scottsdale's arts district.  Reminiscent of a cactus flower, the sculpture's radiant changing qualities of light shadow and color contribute to its dynamic botanical form."

I'm not sure it reminds me of a cactus flower but, I do like it's form.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's very well suited to its surroundings!

Mersad said...

It's really great. Modern but not too imposing.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It's fantastic Sharon but when I saw the first image I thought more eucalyptus leaf than cactus, what do you think ?

Steve Reed said...

I like it! Kind of flowery and kind of spiny. I can see the resemblance!

Kathy said...

I too like it and I can see the resembling to opening of a bloom. But what's the significance of the "diamond" portion of the title?

Judy said...

Looks more like the cactus than the flower, with all those sharp points. It is graceful looking though.

RedPat said...

I don't see cactus flower either but I do like it!

cieldequimper said...

Now that I've seen a few cacti, I can actually imagine it. It's surprisingly (for me) nice!

LOLfromPasa said...

I like it too. Your top photo is super nice.

William Kendall said...

It is visually pleasing- very good for photography!

Catalyst said...

A wonderful site for an impaling!

Lois said...

I like it too. So many different angles to look at it from.

Jack said...

You know more about cactus flowers than I do, but it mainly reminds me of large curving pieces of metal.

Bob Crowe said...

That's pretty cool, but my first association was with a cactus' sharp spines.

Randy said...

Intesting. It's almost futuristic looking.

Karl said...

Interesting sculpture, I like your first shot too !

Unknown said...

I am glad this is being so well received and really appreciate the comments. Thank you Sharon!