Saturday, May 2, 2015

Cowboy Ciao


The city of Scottsdale offers numerous places to wine and dine but some stand out as a cut above the rest.  Cowboy Ciao has been in business since 1997 and is still going strong attracting capacity crowds every night.  You might call the menu a bit eclectic, they call it "modern American with global influences".  One of the draws of this establishment is it's 1800 bottle (and more) wine list.  It comes to the table in book form.  My favorite thing on the menu is the Stetson Chopped Salad, a tasty combination of arugula, pearl couscous, sweet corn, pepitas, black currants, tomatoes, Asiago cheese and smoked salmon.  It's a salad so well know around these parts that it has it's own Facebook Page.  

14 comments:

Mo said...

i imagined giat steaks with a name like that.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I love that the salad has it's own Facebook page, I looked :) Looks like a nice place for a meal Sharon.

Judy said...

They have a nice looking place there.

Birdman said...

Cool name. I'd give it a 'go' for lunch, for sure.

cieldequimper said...

Oh boy you've just made me very hungry. And I miss the States already!

Yes, it was fantastic to meet you!

William Kendall said...

It looks like something you'd see in LA.

RedPat said...

That salads sounds great to me - love smoked salmon! ;-)

Lois said...

I will now have to visit that salad's FB page. It sounds so good!

Randy said...

Never been, sounds perfect for the next visit.

Catalyst said...

I don't think any self-respecting cowboy would eat anything with salmon in it.

But that's just me.

Steve Reed said...

Yum! That DOES sound like a good salad. But I suspect Catalyst is right. :)

Anonymous said...

Love its shape!

Kate said...

I checked the FB page and am impressed by the presentation of the salad. I take your (and others) word for it but it doesn't appeal to me very much. Guess I'd have to try it myself! The building in your photo definitely does appeal to me!

Jack said...

It looks like a good place. Maybe I will give it a try if/when in Phoenix.