Wednesday, November 26, 2014

There's art and then there's....other art


After enjoying all the art that was on display in the gallery area of the Phoenician Resort, I walked toward the shops.  That's where I found these electric cowboy boots sitting in the window of the gift shop.  They aren't really boots to wear, they are made of ceramic with little lights in them.  You just plug them in and set them in a prominent place for your guests to admire.  I don't know about you but, I know I'd rather have the painting I featured yesterday.  The boots can stay where they are.

17 comments:

Mersad said...

I don't think I'd find anyone who would admire them. :)

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Anonymous said...

Certainly very different!

Thérèse said...

Fun to photograph though.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

My thoughts were they did not look comfortable to wear

Birdman said...

For sure. I'd give these the 'boot'.

Judy said...

How funny! You can tell they are Arizonans.

Karl said...

They make for a nice photo.

William Kendall said...

Quite peculiar!

Halcyon said...

Total kitsch - I love it! But like you, I wouldn't want it in my home. Give me the painting instead. ;-)

RedPat said...

I'll pass on these too, Sharon!

Jack said...

What? Everyone is passing on them? I love them!

Randy said...

Very colorful, that's for sure.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Those boots weren't made for walking haha! love it Sharon! Yes like you the painting from yesterday would fit rather nicely, the boots.. not so much!
p.s. I definitely would prefer to save my calories for an almond croissant over a KK :)

Lowell said...

I agree about the painting vs. the boots. So good to hear from you and I apologize for the confusion. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Kate said...

I would love to own a pair of boots just like these models.

Steve Reed said...

I agree the painting is nicer, but these have a certain kitsch appeal!

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more with you! LOL!