Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Someone I've always wanted to meet...


I was thrilled to be asked to be the photographer for another Fred Duval for Governor fund raising event, this time with special guest President Bill Clinton.  I have to admit that I was a bit nervous about shooting photos for such a prestigious event but, my desire to meet this man in person far over shadowed any butterflies I had.  And what a charming and gracious man he is.  The above photo is Clinton with our favorite candidate for Governor of the state of Arizona, Fred Duval.

I had to say that I've seen quite a lot of politicians do the "meet and greet" event and I don't think I've ever met one who so thoroughly enjoyed doing just that.  He spoke with everyone in attendance and posed for a photo with each and he did it with so much attention to every person he met that I think everyone left feeling that it was a very special afternoon.

After smiling, laughing, and posing with near 90 people, he graciously posed with the photographer who had been aiming her camera at him all afternoon.

It's not a great photo of me, but I don't care.  I love it!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic, well done!

Stefan Jansson said...

That must have been a special moment.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Thats Awesome, he is one of my favorite Presidents. Best I could do was getting a photo of this guy.
http://spudsdailyphoto.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/t-is-for-tony.html

Steve Reed said...

Terrific! Other people who have met Clinton say the same -- that he is incredibly attentive and personable. You never get the sense that you're just another photo and another hand to shake.

Kate said...

Oh, Sharon, what a delight! You did such a fine job and look great with Bill! I noted that the two men look like they coordinated both their suits and ties.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Outstanding. I remember your photo with 'Barack Obama, and now you have a photo with BIll Clinton. I look forward to seeing a photo of you hanging out with Hillary.

Congratulations on serving as the photographer for such an important and prestigious event. Your photos will be lifetime treasures for the people who I am sure donated a lot of money for the opportunity to meet and be photographed with Clinton.

Birdman said...

Wonderful image. Lucky you!

Karl said...

A special afternoon and a great moment for you, Sharon, congratulations!

Judy said...

I know you were nervous but I had no doubt that once you got into photo mode you were going to do fine.
You do seem to have all the fun! I can't wait to see who you get to meet next.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh wow Sharon, what a fantastic evening.. and btw you look tres belle!

William Kendall said...

Congratulations on having that responsibility!

What strikes me seeing pics of the presidents is how much the job strains them- look at a before and after pair of shots and the grey is very much there.

Halcyon said...

Clinton's still got the charm! I saw Hillary speak at a book signing tour a few months ago here in Berlin. She is also a very compelling speaker. I am jealous you got to meet him in person.

Kathy said...

Oh, you lucky devil! Congratulations! What a fabulous opportunity.

RedPat said...

I'm so impressed that you got to do the photography for such an event, Sharon! And have your pic taken with Bill Clinton!! He always strikes me as a real charmer. You look wonderful in the pic. ;-))

Catalyst said...

Great opportunity, Sharon. Or photo op, as they say in the trade. I think one of my other friends from Phoenix may have been there, too.

Randy said...

Wow, lucky you!

Jack said...

You are so courageous. I would not dare to try it. But it looks like the photos you took were excellent.

Bob Crowe said...

Oh would I love to do that. I wouldn't be shy. Bill sure is looking older, though.

Thérèse said...

Wow!Lucky you!
What a wonderful opportunity!
Who will be the next one?

Lois said...

I saw this picture on FB yesterday Sharon, and I'm still jealous!

Susie of Arabia said...

How very cool! I love Clinton - and I hope Fred wins!

Mo said...

Get you... a celebrity photographer. Well done.