Monday, September 15, 2014

Marilyn....revisited....


For many years now, Marilyn Monroe has been gracing the side of an auto shop on busy Indian School Road in Phoenix.  If you have been a long time follower of City Daily Photo blogs, you may have seen her pictured on Randy's Fotographia Phoenix site back in 2007 when Randy was living in Phoenix instead of his current home in Santa Fe New Mexico.  I was driving by the site the other day and I remembered how I had seen the photo on his blog long before I thought about doing a blog myself.  When Randy moved to Santa Fe is when I started thinking that it might be fun to post a photo a day from Phoenix.  It took me a while.  I didn't start my blog until almost a year later but I have been posting ever since.

So this post is a little tribute to Randy of Santa Fe Daily Photo.  Randy, I thought you'd like to know that Marilyn is still there on the side of that building!

18 comments:

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Awesome mural. Put it on Mural Monday

Andy said...

Marilyn is looking just great. I'm glad to see someone is looking after her.

Kate said...

A truly legendary figure. Randy will love the shout-out.

Karl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karl said...

Marilyn is and remains a myth...
Nice mural, Sharon.

Birdman said...

She was quite a gal, I guess. Long gone but still around every corner... and wall.

Judy said...

How fun that you found that post from 2007! Seven years and she still looks good.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Marilyn always looks good.. Super sentimental find Sharon, I'm sure Randy will be happy to know that she's still there.

Lois said...

She's a beauty! I don't think I have ever seen her in this pose before. Love those shoes!

RedPat said...

That is really well done! I didn't know that Randy had a Phoenix blog before moving to Santa Fe.

William Kendall said...

Quite a striking mural!

Jack said...

What wonderful tributes to Marilyn, both the mural and your post. Randy will be delighted.

Randy said...

Why thank you Sharon. I remember driving by this every weekend. So happy to see it's still there.

Halcyon said...

Wow! Now that's an eye-catching mural. Fantastic find. Guess no one would dare to tag over her. ;-)

Thérèse said...

Someone is nicely taking care of her look.
Nice tribute to Randy.

Anonymous said...

A real showstopper!

Unknown said...

Awesome. It seems someone is taking good care of her.

Kathy said...

What a great story. I knew that Randy grew up in Phoenix, attended the beautiful Kenilworth School, but I didn't know that's where his blogging days started. And I'm sorry to say I don't ever recall seeing this mural even after having lived in Phoenix over 30 years. Where was I? I guess not on Indian School Road - or at least on that stretch of Indian School because it is one of the few streets that traverses the huge Phoenix Valley from west to east!