Tuesday, September 2, 2014

In ruins..


Yesterday I had the rust, today I have the ruins.  Actually I had a hard time deciding between the two representations of rust and ruins.  This ruin is located on the grounds of the Tovrea Castle.  Remember when I was working on opening that historic site to tourists?  You can see one of my posts of the castle here.  It seems like I spent every weekend out there back then.  Well it's been open now for at least three years and doing rather well.  They were hoping that at sometime in the future they could restore some of these old out buildings.  They are in pretty bad shape so I think "restoration" might not be what will happen.  I think "rebuilding" will be more like it.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very ramshackle looking indeed!

Steve Reed said...

I kind of like them the way they are -- but I suspect the lawyers don't. :)

Judy said...

I have never seen these buildings. Very rustic!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The restoration of Tovrea Castle was such a success Sharon, all that work was worth it.. not so sure about your ruins here, they look a little too sad to recover :(

Mersad said...

It looks interesting the way it is, but of course a rebuilding would restore it to its proper use.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

cieldequimper said...

Wow, that castle is quite something and I love how you caught a plane over it! This of course is quite another story, it has a ghost town feel to it that I love.

RedPat said...

I think they are well past "restore". Sharon! Makes a great pic though.

William Kendall said...

Rebuilds would be the order of the day.

Lois said...

I think you are right Sharon! They look pretty scary, but make a great picture.

Catalyst said...

I wouldn't set foot inside. Rattlesnakes!

Randy said...

How have I ever missed that.

Jack said...

Ruins? Check!

Nope, Sharon, I doubt that restoration is in the cards for this poor thing.

Karl said...

Ooops... :-)

Unknown said...

Love this! Great find.

Thérèse said...

But still beauty in these ruins!

Kate said...

The light, shading, and textures emphasize the age. It's a great image.