Sunday, June 1, 2014

Theme Day: Zest


This is Sharon, a lady with a name that was easy for me to remember.  I saw her at the Desert Botanical Garden adorned with this colorful hat.  When I got closer I noticed there was a hummingbird feeder attached to the hat along with the bright flowers.  So, I asked Sharon what the story was.  She said she had injured her shoulder pretty badly and couldn't get out and do things like she was used to so she created this hat that she wore in her own garden and the hummingbirds would whiz around her head and drink from the feeder.  She decided to try it out at the Desert Botanical Garden to see if it had the same effect.  At the time I saw her, she said she hadn't attracted any birds yet.

I'd say Sharon has a real "zest" for life and for nature.   She is also very clever for figuring out a way to enjoy her garden while she was on the mend.

22 comments:

Unknown said...

So unexpected! :-)

Kate said...

You are very clever to notice, engage Sharon in conversation and get these wonderful photos and stories for today's theme. Well-done!!

cieldequimper said...

Oh this is briliant, cheered me up no end!

Daryl said...

terrific interpretation & photo!

RedPat said...

She's an example to us all to not let anything hold you back! Good one, Sharon (both of you)!

Tanya Breese said...

how clever of her!

Judy said...

Now, that is just fun! Nice looking hat too.

Lois said...

What a wonderful idea and this is a fantastic shot for Theme Day! My hummers buzz my head all the time, but I never thought of putting a feeder on a hat.

Rob Siemann said...

I want one just like this!

Zosia said...

Zest and fashion sense ;-).

glenda said...

Wow, this is a zest for life. How creative she is!

Karl said...

Wow, Sharon! Perfect interpretation and photos for today's theme!

Lowell said...

Fantastic! What a delightful woman, although I might wonder a bit about someone with a bunch of hummingbirds buzzing around her head! :)

Super post for theme day!

Deb said...

Goodness! So those flowers are real......I admire her spirit. Great theme day pic.

William Kendall said...

That is entirely different!

Birdman said...

What? No beer stein and straw?

Randy said...

A Zest for life, I love it.

Jack said...

Is this "zest" as in "nuts?"

Funny hat and funny story.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

J'adore these shots Sharon, made me smile like no other shot today, some people have truly amazing spirit oui :)

Steve Reed said...

That IS a creative idea. I'm frankly amazed that it works!

Kathy said...

This made me chuckle!

LOLfromPasa said...

You had really delivered on the theme day challenge, Sharon. Wonderful photographs and, wow, what a find!