Saturday, June 7, 2014

Jackpot!


I hit the cactus bloom jackpot on Friday morning when I took my walk at the botanical garden.  In one little corner of the garden, almost all the cactus had blooms on them.  Everywhere I looked another bloom popped up.  What was really surprising were the variety of colors.  There was a stunning PINK.




A brilliant RED!


















A soft YELLOW!













And, a large cluster of WHITE blooms with little tinges of pink on the edges.  It was a feast for the eyes and it proved to me that the cactus in the garden still have some blooms this season to surprise us with.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Real EXPLOSIONS of colour!

Thérèse said...

So, so, so beautiful!

Kathy said...

Gorgeous! Jackpot, indeed.

Birdman said...

FUN, fun, fun to see these flowering plants from across the country.

Lowell said...

I'm really impressed with the quality of these photographs. It isn't easy to get such detail without washing out the whites. I think a lot of people have no clue that cacti can come up with such floral beauty!

Elisabeth Firsching said...

Love all of them, they look brilliant. great shots!

Judy said...

That turned out to be a rewarding walk.

Unknown said...

It's cacti season. Absolutely gorgeous!

cieldequimper said...

Oh wow! From the thumbnail I thought the first one was a dahlia... So so beautiful, all of them!

RedPat said...

I can't decide which one I love the best, Sharon!

William Kendall said...

Real beauties!

glenda said...

Simply gorgeous, Sharon!

Jack said...

These are all wonderful, Sharon. You have a knack for photographing these flowers up close. You seem to go to the botanical garden as often as I go to Elizabeth Park.

Randy said...

These are all amazing.

FilipBlog said...

Your third shot is fantastic.

Greetings,
Filip

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh wow! I'll say you hit the jackpot Sharon.. Those plain old cactus have the most exotic blooms of all.. colours to die for. Bet you returned very well pleased with your trip.

Kate said...


great lighting on the top and bottom photos!