Saturday, February 8, 2014

Chandelier Plant


This plant has been growing in the front of my house ever since I moved here about 9 years ago and I've never known what it was called.  I could tell it was some kind of succulent but, was never able to match it up.  I finally found it the other day when I saw a similar plant with a sign saying "kalanchoe".  I looked that up and finally found one just like this.  It's called a chandelier plant commonly but, it's real name is kalanchoe tubiflora.  Mystery solved.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  It's a trip to a library but not to read the books.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very aptly named!

Kate said...

In the past I have often purchased indoor Kalanchoe plants to brighten up the winter scene but have never seen one like this. . .so pretty and unusual!

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

You should have asked Julie when we are over at your place. We have kalanchoe in our yard.

Judy said...

I can see how it got that name.

William Kendall said...

That is quite lovely, Sharon. I don't think I've ever seen a plant like that here.

Lowell said...

Whatever its name, the thing has a special attraction to it - very colorful!

Susie of Arabia said...

What vivid colors. Very pretty.

RedPat said...

I've seen the indoor ones here but nothing like that one, Sharon!

Catalyst said...

The blossoms resemble a trumpet vine but this chandelier plant (aptly named) is "a horse of a different color." : )

Jack said...

Isn't that an unusual and pretty plant!

Randy said...

That is a perfect name.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Couldn't be more aptly named Sharon :)

Kathy said...

I noticed a lot of these on my last trip to the Phoenix Zoo. I wondered what they were called. Thanks for the info. Now if I can just retain it for more than five minutes!