Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Royal Plant


The Queen Victoria Agave has to be my all time favorite agave plant.  With my love of patterns, the perfect symmetry of this plant is just too appealing to resist.  I took this photo looking straight down on the plant and then I gave it a black border to make it pop.  I think this one was even more perfect than most of them.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  You can see how my plans for the perfect photo in Brighton had to be put on hold for another time.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, it's almost in 3d!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Unbelievable! So very crisp and clear, love the black background.. Really makes it pop!

Steve Reed said...

Nature is amazing, isn't it?!

Unknown said...

I think Queen Victoria is the most beautiful Agave. Great shot, Sharon.

Judy said...

This made a beautiful picture! I can see this in your art group in the future.

Birdman said...

Love the Kinks song "Victoria".

Lowell said...

This belongs in an art gallery...what a fine photograph! Perfection! Be proud!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Well you pulled that one off

Mersad said...

Great choice for a vignette!

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Karl said...

A Royal Photo! So beautiful!

RedPat said...

I love it, Sharon! Frame-worthy shot for sure.

Kate said...

It's form and color are early perfect and the patterns are clearly visible.

Jack said...

Beautifully done. It looks like a painting.

Randy said...

These are so beautiful.

Red Nomad OZ said...

What's not to love about this AWESOME plant?!?! Have a marvellous New Year!!

WiseTioga said...

Sharon, Exactly why I said that you were far and away the best of the Daily Photo Group. You have a very good eye.

Kathy said...

This is truly a piece of art!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful!