Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I'll return to my London Adventure series tomorrow.  Today we celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday here in the United States.  Some thirteen years ago, I celebrated Thanksgiving in London when I took my dad there for quick trip.  He had never been to Europe before so it was a whole new experience for him and I certainly enjoyed watching him study some of the little details that I would have overlooked.  It was fun!


Posting the series of my most recent trip to London and then posting a Thanksgiving post, made me recall this trip and how much fun we had.

I found this photo of dad in front of a particularly colorful pub we walked past.  I remember dad stopping to look at this place and then asking me to take his picture there.

I hope all of you have some good memories to share today!

13 comments:

Billy Blue Eyes said...

He looks the typical guy you would see in the UK with the flat cap all he needed was a whippet

Billy Blue Eyes said...

PS happy Thanksgiveing I see why the pumpkin, pumpkin pie

Anonymous said...

That's a great looking pub, enjoy your day!

Kate said...

May you have a blessed and joyful Thanksgiving!

The memories of your father today is very touching.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Thanksgiving is indeed a time that rekindles family memories.

Judy said...

I have never seen that picture of Dad before!
We will see you later today!

LONDONLULU said...

What a lovely way to evoke family memories - and in London no less (of course I love it:). Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

RedPat said...

A nice post for the day, Sharon!

Karl said...

Beautiful pumpkin photo,
Happy Thanksgiving, Sharon.

Anonymous said...

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Happy Thanksgiving! ¤

William Kendall said...

An excellent portrait of your dad.

Kathy said...

Your dad certainly looked he part of an English gentleman.

Unknown said...

Love you Dad's photo.