Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Scary Pumpkins


Every year at this time, the Desert Botanical Garden has an interactive Pumpkin Patch that is a big hit with kids.  Being a "big kid" at heart, I usually go to take a few pictures.  They start with a "hay ride" that takes you out to the patch and then there is music, games and contests for the kids to enjoy along with a huge selection of pumpkins.  All kids under 12 can take a free pumpkin home with them.  This year they also had a group of expert pumpkin carvers who were at work on these pumpkins.  These guys do a pretty good job of creating some scary faces.

17 comments:

Andy said...

Very artistic and fun.

Red Nomad OZ said...

Hahaha, anything to keep from cooking them, huh?!?!?! We don't do Halloween downunder quite so much - but if we DID, I'd be sure not to have these guys hanging around to scare me out of my wits!!!

Stefan Jansson said...

The carvers are very good at their job.

Kate said...

The carvers are real artists. What wonderful scary faces.

Mersad said...

Very artistic indeed.

Judy said...

I see they have some excellent carvers there.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Rather better than anything I've ever achieved.

Thérèse said...

What patience is needed!

RedPat said...

They do an incredible job!

Lowell said...

Those are the most creative carved pumpkins I've ever seen! To transfer an idea in your head to a pumpkin takes a special skill, I think.

FilipBlog said...

I am sure this was a lot of work and not easy. Good job.

Greetings,
Filip

Jack said...

I used to think I was a pretty good pumpkin carver, but my best pumpkins pale beside the big one on the right.

Catalyst said...

Artistic carvers, indeed!

We missed that when we visited the DBG today and, though I looked everywhere, I unfortunately did not see you, Sharon.

Great place though and Gertrude's is justifiably well-known for it's chef's food.

Randy said...

These are amazing. I would love to be able to make one like this.

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin carving has become such an art these days... love those!

Karl said...

A bit scary, but very artistic, nice job!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh la la! Too scary for me Sharon :))