Sunday, October 20, 2013

Look who's here


When the weather is nice, one of my favorite things to do is to get an iced tea and sit in the garden patio area of the Desert Botanical Garden and watch the birds, rabbits and ground squirrels.  I haven't been able to do that all summer long.  Now that the weather has cooled off, I took the opportunity to sit for a while and watch my feathered and furry friends.  This fellow showed up on the look-out for randomly dropped scraps.  I'm not sure if this is the same one that used to hang out there last winter but, I was happy to see that I can still spot a Roadrunner or two while relaxing there.

Reminder:  The November 1 theme for City Daily Photo Bloggers is "Heights"!

12 comments:

Andy said...

That beak is made for killing and ripping. Good thing you are much bigger than him. :)

Karl said...

Seems very interested in you.
Very nice portrait!

Kate said...

A perfect portrait. I guess I've never sat long enough in NM to see a Roadrunner.

Birdman said...

Beep, Beep!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I think he is the same one Sharon..he looks familiar :))))

RedPat said...

I've always gotten a kick out of your roadrunner shots, Sharon!

Lowell said...

I don't think I've ever seen a roadrunner up close before (except in the cartoons! :)) This is a super portrait. So sharp. I don't think I'd want to tangle with it!

Randy said...

Nice close up.

Judy said...

I think it's the same one. Looks like he's saying, there's that lady with the camera again.

Jack said...

He is posing nicely for you, Sharon. Well done.

Thérèse said...

Like Birdman says: "beep-beep"

Steve Reed said...

What did roadrunners do before there were roads?!