Sunday, October 6, 2013

Homestead


On the property of the nursery that I mentioned yesterday in a wonderful old adobe house that was built by the parents of the owners of the nursery.  No one lives there any longer so they have turned the home into a shop for all kinds of antiques and home decor items.  I've been to this nursery a few times before but, never knew about his fabulous place.  I spoke to the owner while I was wandering around and she told me that her father had a passion for recessed lighting and so every room has hidden lighting like you see in the above photo.  The lighting was beautiful but that fireplace is what struck me the most.  It is gorgeous.

The photo to the left shows another room with lots of pretty things to look at.  It was a great place to browse and get ideas.

There is a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  This time I visit an Arizona mining town.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous looking place, lots of interesting looking things to look through too!

Lowell said...

Looks like you've discovered a treasure-trove of goodies. Lots of fun!

Lowell said...

Oops! I couldn't find your pic of an Arizona mining town...

Sharon said...

Sorry, I set the time wrong. It's there now!

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

That is quite the fireplace. It is odd to have such a prominence for a feature that is used very little in Phoenix. The people must have been from back East.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

What a fabulous find Sharon..treasures indeed!

Judy said...

I love to browse places like this. Maybe I could find that unique coffee table for my living room that I've been looking for.

RedPat said...

Nurseries seem to have more and more variety of things these days!

Mersad said...

Would love to snoop around and discover things!

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Randy said...

Almost reminds my of my favorite store "Sage." It used to be off of 3rd Ave and McDowell.

Jack said...

This is an unusual place, Sharon. I'll bet you could find a thing or two.

quilteddogs said...

Is this at Berridges?

Unknown said...

So much to see. Lovely!