Sunday, October 13, 2013

Greek Orthodox


It was Greek Festival time again this weekend and I went again with my close friend David.  It's held on the grounds of the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral and this time the church was open to visitors so I stepped inside to get some photos.

It really is a beautiful church with quite a lot of stained glass windows in every direction.

The festival was lots of fun with an amazing amount of delicious Greek specialties to eat and drink.

I came home feeling like I'd eaten my way through all the Greek Isles.

12 comments:

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

I have never been to the Greek Festival. I need to do that sometime. I' have been to the Greek Isles only once. I need to go back. Maybe that's why I haven't been to the Greek Festival. It would cause the desire to return to the Greek Isles to be too intense.

Hilda said...

Magnificent! That festival sounds absolutely tasty.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

So good that you were allowed to go in this time Sharon, beautiful ceiling and windows.. I know how you feel about the 'eating' thing..I ate my way through the entire Thai menu for my birthday dinner :))

Randy said...

Love the stained glass.

RedPat said...

That stained glass is incredible!

Karl said...

A mMagnificent Church!

FilipBlog said...

What an amazing church.

Greetings,
Filip

Lowell said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. That huge circle in the ceiling lets in a great deal of light. Could you get any photos behind the screen?

Lovely stained-glass windows, too.

Judy said...

Wow! It's beautiful.

Jack said...

I like seeing a modern Greek church. It looks warm and colorful. There seems to be an attractive mural on the second level.

Catalyst said...

Aw shoot, Sharon. Judy and I were there but missed seeing you. We went to the 1 p.m. tour of the Cathedral.

Unknown said...

So different from our churches, even the modern ones.