Saturday, October 19, 2013

Blue and Red


Last night I went to see a play at the Phoenix Theatre and I was impressed by all the changes the theatre has undergone so I snapped a couple of iPhone photos.  One of the new features is this long walkway leading from the parking lot to the theatre highlighted with blue lights and mirrored walls.  It's quite an effect.

The inside has undergone more changes with a whole new lounge that has been added on.  These stairs lead up to the executive offices that are now located in the new addition.

Oh yes, and the play was "The 39 Steps" based on the old Alfred Hitchcock movie.  It's a rather slap-stick version of that old mystery story and it was executed flawlessly by only 4 actors playing over 150 different roles.  The audience is almost out of breath by the end of the play and the actors must be exhausted.  Great fun!

Reminder:  The November 1 theme for City Daily Photo Bloggers is "Heights"!

9 comments:

Kate said...

Apparently the colors were very pleasing to you; I, however, feel a little queasy as I look upon the blue. A strange reaction to be sure so I wonder if seeing it in reality would make me feel the same. Both photos certainly are bright and bold!

Lowell said...

That play sounds like great fun! I'll bet the blue walkway looks even more impressive in person what with all that blue bouncing around in the mirrors! Like the red steps, too.

RedPat said...

Love the blue walkway! The play sounds like a lot of fun, Sharon.

Judy said...

Bet it was fun. Great colors!

Jack said...

They sure gave you two interesting photographs. Did you like the effect?

I have seen The 39 Steps at the Fort Myers Rep and Hartford's Theater Works. Very entertaining.

Randy said...

Wow, this is great.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Gosh! Drama right from when you first arrive Sharon, fantastic!

Thérèse said...

Wow! I definitively have to come back for a visit...

Gunn said...

Blue for me:)