Saturday, February 2, 2013

Rainbows


After I made my plans to photograph my friend Heather with the red umbrella (yesterday's post), the rainy Saturday I've mentioned before arrived and umbrella's were suddenly everywhere.  I pulled into a restaurant parking lot to pop out for some take-out lunch but as often happens, I was engrossed in a story on the radio so I sat there for a while before making a dash for the restaurant.  Suddenly I spotted this young girl with her rainbow umbrella and her rainbow socks.  I jumped out of the car with my camera in hand so I could catch the scene.  As you can see, the rain was coming down at a good pace so I jumped right back in the car before I and my camera got drenched.  It's not the best photo but, I think the combination of umbrella and socks is just irresistible.

15 comments:

Thérèse said...

Irresistible indeed!
And most photographers know the feeling of a picture they did not take for a reason or another... it is still in their mind at this day. :-)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You had to do it Sharon, this combination of colours and patterns is just begging to be captured!

Andy said...

I think she must be wear all the colours of the spectrum.

Karl said...

The stockings have the same colors as the umbrella, cool !!

Unknown said...

Cool! It reminds me of a series of shots a friend of mine took in Tokyo.

Birdman said...

Socky, sox.

Anonymous said...

A blast of multiple colour on a very grey day!

Judy said...

How fun! She isn't shy when it comes to color.

Lowell said...

Good job and quick thinking! You got it perfectly. Fun and funky!

Kathy said...

Oh, I totally agree. Even her skirt and jacket add to the picture! Even though nothing matches I think it's a wonderful combination.

RedPat said...

This woman is into colour!

Jack said...

That little girl is just as cute as she could be, Sharon!

Randy said...

What a colorful young lady.

Iris Flavia said...

Great pic, such a fun idea to make it all better :-)

Kate said...

She is a colorful young woman and quite a bright subject to photograph!