My close friend David hosted another elegant dinner party last Saturday night. It was a beautifully executed event complete with wine pairing for every course. The eight people who enjoyed the food kept themselves engaged in lively conversation as the six courses were rolled out of the kitchen.
Last year when I talked about the dinner party many of you asked that I post a picture of David, the talented host and cook so here it is in the photo above. David is standing next to his perfectly set table. Many of you also asked what was on the menu so here it is:
- First Course: Vodka spiked grape tomatoes with mozzarella balls paired with Champagne
- Second Course: Escargot paired with a French Chablis
- Remise en bouche: Lemon Sorbet
- Third Course: Lobster Bisque paired with a Rose from Provence
- Fourth Course: Roast Tenderloin of Beef with Bordelaise sauce, Blue Cheese & Rosemary mashed potatoes & Stout glazed Brussels Sprouts paired with Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Fifth Course: Endive, pear & cranberry salad with white wine vinaigrette paired with Prosecco
- Sixth Course: Salted Caramel pot de creme paired with Champagne
- Coffee, 20-year-old Port, & assorted chocolates