Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Start the year....




I started my new year with my traditional lunch of Mexican food and great friends.  This time we went to Barrio Queen in Scottsdale and I happened to notice that the horses in Horse Fountain appeared to be a different color.  Sure enough, I looked up a post from 2010 and found that they have definitely changed the color of the horses.

It's still a pretty fountain but, I think those horses looked a lot more natural in the chestnut color they were before.

12 comments:

Kathy said...

I don't think I've ever seen a color change on a bronze statue. Did they paint them? Surely it will wear off. Very strange.

Karl said...

Good start in the New Year.
All the Best, Sharon !!!

Anonymous said...

Set off perfectly against a perfectly blue sky! Hope you had a great lunch!

Judy said...

Well, that's a horse of a different color! I agree, they looked better before. That said, I must say, that first picture took my breath away.

Thérèse said...

Things change and nobody knows really why... just to try and prove something...
It does not prevent the picture to be nice!

glenda said...

Lots of photos of horses for the start of the New Year. Great.

Lowell said...

I agree...the chestnut color is far superior! I envy you your traditional lunch of Mexican food. We have several Mexican restaurants here and frankly, none of them are any good!

Jack said...

A lunch of Mexican food and good friends? How did the good friends taste?

Randy said...

I have heard nothing but great things about the Barrio Queen.

Kate said...

Wonder who make the colour decision. Looks artsy now, but you're probably right...natural is better.

Unknown said...

Actually I like both versions.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I must say I like them Sharon, they certainly look more dramatic against the blue sky, and gosh how gorgeous are the vibrant flower beds surrounding the fountain. Jack's comment made me laugh!