Monday, October 8, 2012

Whispers of a New World


There is a new art exhibit at the Desert Botanical Garden and it's called Whispers of a New World by local artist Carolina Escobar.  She uses steel, copper screen and resined cloth to create organic sculptures in bright and vibrant colors.  It's an exhibit that I'm sure will elicit many emotions from those who view it and isn't that what art is supposed to do?  I liked many of the sculptures but, I must admit not all of them.  The photo is of one of the ones I liked very much.  I'll go back and take another look one of these days soon.

10 comments:

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

We were at the Desert Botanical Gardens a little more than a week ago, but missed these sculptures. We will have to look for them next time we visit.

Judy said...

They are interesting and the color is certainly bright.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I agree Sharon, i think this one will evoke a lot of discussion.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

very interesting

Karl said...

I like this shot, Sharon and the artwork is really interesting.

RedPat said...

I really like this one but am sure that there will be a lot of controversy surrounding this exhibit!

Catalyst said...

I must say I preferred the Chihuly show there.

Warren said...

nice, I like it

Kate said...

Doesn't say too much to me, I'm sorry to say. Sometimes I just have to think about the art for a little while.

Randy said...

These are great. Very organic and perfect for the garden.