Sunday, April 22, 2012

What a view


What a busy, busy week and weekend I've had.  On Friday, I spent the morning and early afternoon in Tucson to attend a work related golf tournament.  As you might guess from these photos, I was a bit impressed by the fantastic views on the El Conquistador Golf Course.  My group drove back to Phoenix just in time for me to change clothes to get to a fantastic party at the beautiful home of my good friends Julie and Dave.  You might know them as Julie of Scottsdale Daily Photo and Dave of Costa Rica Daily Photo.  I promise to post a photo or two from that event tomorrow.

Saturday morning I trained docents for the Tovrea Castle all day.  We end the first day of training with a tour of the Castle and grounds.  With a temperature soaring to 100 degrees ( 38c), the day was a bit more of a challenge than usual.  Toasty would be too mild of a word to describe this heat.  As I write this, I'm still cooling down with lots of water.

Sunday morning, I'll be out at the Castle again conducting the morning tour.  Thank goodness the mornings aren't too bad ......yet.

I hope I can get this to post correctly today.  None of my scheduled posts have worked this week.  Now that I have this new dashboard, I'm crossing my fingers that it will solve the problem but, since my preview post has the wrong date and time on it, I'm not holding my breath.

And, it didn't work once again.  Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?  The schedule section has the correct date and time and it's in the post list as "scheduled".  Why isn't it working?

17 comments:

Teresa said...

I have had some goofy things go on with blogger for myself this week. I think it has to do with all the changes. Hang in there it will probably work itself out!

I love that second pic with the water!!!
Tucson is one of my favorite places. Gonna be another hot one today!

Lowell said...

I don't know why it's not working but Blogger has been screwing up everything with their "new" dashboard. What ticks me off, is that I didn't want it and got it anyway. I think there is a way to go back to the old one...at least I'm going to try.

Your weekend does sound rather hectic, but fun. Nice-looking golf course. I do remember playing golf in Phoenix in the heat. :-)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh wow Sharon, it was not so long ago that I was complaining of 38degree days here in Perth so I know how you feel. Not fun,especially when you're as busy as you are! Both your shots of the golf course are so lovely and lush green. I only wish I could help with your prob, but I'm the biggest technophobe out!

Judy said...

Beautiful views there. I hope they use recycled water to keep it all green and not the ground water.

Randy said...

100 already. I had a feeling it would happen early. Looks like a nice golf course.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

You have had a very busy weekend, and thank you for serving as a "docent" for our party despite that hectic schedule. You will need the work week to catch up on relaxation.

brattcat said...

i can certainly see why you found this scenery irresistible. good luck figuring out the new blogger.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

Great photos. And, kudos to you for all of your great volunteer work at Tovrea castle. Such a gem. And, we have figured out the new dashboard. it just takes a few times to get used to it. use schedule on right column and set date and time like you used to do.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. I am in a "not busy" time right now and not liking it much!

RedPat said...

Wow - such temps! Lovely shots!
I hate the new blogger too.

Birdman said...

Busy girl!

irinapictures said...

It is great that you visit this beautiful place. Look forward to see Dave and Julie.
I am not big help in blogger issue, I only know that at a moment I hate Facebook's timeline. Hope all our problems to be of that size.

Regina K said...

It is early for those temps isn't it. Great volunteer work, it is always fun to volunteer where you like. Happy Sunday, I hope you get some rest. Beautiful greens,.

Magpie said...

You're right...it is too hot too soon. It is a beautiful golf course. I haven't been pre-scheduling any of my posts lately. I don't know what could be wrong. Good luck with that though.

Mo said...

Sharon check the date that your blogger is set on. Go to settings and see what you have for time zone. If this is not correct your posts wont go out at the scheduled time.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous views indeed!

Susie of Arabia said...

You are so busy all the time! Good for you.
I don't know why Blogger or Facebook have to go and change things all the time. I had a little trouble with my scheduled posts too, but now things seem to be working fine.
I really love the 2nd photo - what a pretty gold course. Go Tucson!