Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Quiet Night


Okay, this is the last one in my series from the Arts and Flowers exhibit at the Phoenix Art Museum.  The painting is called "Quiet Night" by Lew Davis.  I thought this arrangement  was very attractive and quite clever.  It's hard to see but, there is a thin plate of glass coming up from the center of the silver box and a real flower has been fashioned in the center of the glass in a circle to resemble the circle in the center of the painting.

Here is a closer look.  I think this one is pretty ingenious and would make a lovely centerpiece.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Really creative. So cool!

Randy said...

Very creative. I think I like this one most.

Birdman said...

Too much green????? I'll pass on this one.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

This has been a good series again this year.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

That is probably the best interpretation so far Sharon, brilliant!

Magpie said...

What a unique idea for placing that single blossom. I like it.

RedPat said...

Very cool!

Teresa said...

I like this one. Perfect pairing!

Judy said...

Interesting. I wonder how they come up with these ideas!

Lowell said...

It would make a great centerpiece. Is that a city skyline in the back right of the arrangement? It looks like it could be and maybe represents Phoenix surrounded by the life of the desert...

Regina K said...

I love the painting and I love love that arrangement!

Regina K said...

I love the painting and I love love that arrangement!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful... perfect!

Thérèse said...

Kind of Japanese style. Such a clever exhibit.

Kate said...

It is indeed clever and I can see the glass. I've mentioned this before, and I repeat that the florist are as much of an artist as the painters.