Monday, January 16, 2012

Sails in the Desert


This was taken at the back of the offices for Richard Bauer Architects.  This office building is within walking distance from my house but, I just noticed these sails recently.  The firm of Ricard Bauer has many wonderful buildings in Arizona and I've even featured some of them.  Most recently I had photos from the new South Mountain Library adjacent to the South Mountain Community College Campus.

The work this firm does makes my heart sing.  I love everything they've done and you can see a sample by clicking on the link to their web site here.  The firm specializes in Libraries and have won many awards for their designs.  They even designed the interiors of two of my favorite neighborhood restaurants, Cheuvront's Wine Bar and Fez.

16 comments:

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

An architectural firm, I guess, needs to be creative in the way they design their own offices.

brattcat said...

i hope they see this post.

Birdman said...

Eye-catching designs. I agree.

Teresa said...

How interesting. Those sails look like they might be utilitarian to keep out the sun? Maybe for form and function both!

Judy said...

A very interesting design.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Love the title of this post Sharon, they certainly have distinctive style. I like this very much.

Karl said...

Eye-catching building, beautiful shot Sharon.

Kate said...

Great title for your post, Sharon and thanks for the link to the firm that designs outstanding contemporary architecture!

Lowell said...

I can understand your feelings about this firm. Looking over their website, I find their designs to be very attractive; light and airy; modern but not overpoweringly so.

RedPat said...

I remember your library post! Love these sails - I guess they provide a bit of extra shade and privacy?

Randy said...

Wonderful design. I loved going to Cheuvront's. My sister took me to the Fez once. I wasn't too impressed.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

very nice features. great design work

Magpie said...

Lovely pop of yellow!

Regina K said...

Very interesting, I wonder what they use this area for, looks like a back patio or deck.

Rob said...

Interesting repetitive pattern these sails make.

Unknown said...

This is so cool! What a great idea.