Thursday, October 15, 2009

Oasis


When I reach the corner of 24th Street and Camelback, I pass quite a few things I’ve shown you in the past like the Biltmore Shopping Center and the Esplanade Offices. One thing I haven’t shown before is this little oasis in the heart of the city. It’s part of an office complex called Camelback Lakes and I never fail to glance in this direction and see the rising sun cast shadows on the grass and reflections in the water.


I went here to take pictures on a Sunday morning and was surprised to find this great blue heron sitting at the side of the water. This place is in the heart of the city on one of the busiest streets and yet this beautiful bird has found this quiet spot to do some morning hunting.



6 comments:

Paula said...

Such a beautiful place.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

this is a gorgeous reflection shot i have never been to this locaiton

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Across this little lake from the office buildings are the houses (some would say mansions) of the Arizona Biltmore Circle, home to people such as the late Paul Harvey and, before they passed away, Nancy Reagan's parents.

Judy said...

It is always amazing to see wildlife in the heart of a big city.

Laurie Allee said...

Beautiful and serene. Your photo captures such a lovely mood.

Jilly said...

how idyllic is this! Love the blue heron. I've never seen a heron here but when I visit my buddy in Columbus, Ohio, there are there in plenty. Just gorgeous birds. Love the shots.