Friday, October 9, 2009

Hiding the Golf Course

A little further down the road, is a long stretch of thick oleander bushes and Palm Trees that are designed to camouflage the Phoenix Country Club Golf Course just on the other side of this thick green wall. There is no sidewalk on this side of the street so if you are driving in the outside lane you are right next to all that foliage. Did you notice the 3300 Tower that I featured on Tuesday at the distant end of the street in the above photo?

I took these pictures on a Sunday morning and I was surprised to see a large crew of workmen trimming all the trees and shrubs along this stretch. They were just in time for my photo as well as just in time to stop the branches from extending any further into the street. Now when I drive past here I get vivid glimpses of the lush green grass of the golf course hidden on the other side.

7 comments:

Paula said...

Such a nice road.

Kcalpesh said...

The trees lined equidistance make the stretch look so beautiful! Nice shots!

- Pixellicious Photos

Unknown said...

Love to see palm trees in a row! I'm lucky to live in a neighbourhood called 'Quinta das Palmeiras' (Palm Tree Farm) because, as you might guess, there are palm trees everywhere.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

The rows of oleanders, palm trees, and even the temporary construction lane markers really carry the eye down towards the 3300 Tower. i drive this same stretch often on the way to my office in the 3300 Tower.

The Phoenix Country Club has a superb location. How many cities have a major country club just blocks form downtown and the central business district, as your photo today shows. This is evidence of how fast and how recently Phoenix has grown. In very few cities would there have been the available land for a country club so close to the heart of town.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

I like the palm trees lining the street

Laurie Allee said...

I love a line of Palm trees. This looks like it could be in my neck of the woods!

Great shot.

Judy said...

It's interesting how the glass on the 3300 Tower is almost all that shows up. The rest of the building blends in with the sky. Only when I enlarged the picture did I see the pale outline of the building. Great shot.