Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Chihuly that stayed behind

I know that many of my readers saw the many photos I and other Arizona bloggers published from the wonderful Chihuly: The Nature of Glass show that ran from November of 2008 through May of 2009. What I haven’t told you is that this piece called Desert Wildflower Towers still remains at the garden. This piece was designed and created especially for this show and for this place in the agave spiral at the garden entrance. It is leased to the garden through May 31st of 2010. This photo also captured an airplane taking off from Sky Harbor International Airport.

5 comments:

Mo said...

Is that really glass? Looks so real

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

I hope they find a way to keep the glass at the garden permanently.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

I am glad that the Desert Wildflower Towers stayed behind for awhile. I really think the Chihuly glass looked best in the desert with cactus. I hope he bring another show back here some day. Thanks for your comments on my site about the photos from my photography tour to Vermillion Cliffs and Slot Canyons. I have many more coming up and the slot canyon photos are truly amazing. It was quite a trip.

glenda said...

great shot with the plane in the background

Unknown said...

Gorgeous composition, Sharon!