Sunday, August 23, 2009

Why it’s called “The Boulders”

The Boulders Resort is located in an area north of Phoenix and Scottsdale that is dominated by unique granite formations that are millions of years old. The rooms or “casitas” of the resort are all built to meld into the natural surroundings of this rugged desert setting. In today’s photo, you see a slice of the golf course bordered by some of the remarkable granite formations.



Early Friday morning, I took a walk around the property and watched the sun rise over the golf course and light up the boulders. The small photo shows a scene very near my casita just before the sun crept over the horizon.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks like a wonderful place! I love boulders and if this was Africa we could immediatly think of a leopard's 'house'... :-)

Hilda said...

Unusual, beautiful and awe-inspiring.

Judy said...

It looks so peaceful. The desert can be such a beautiful place.

Memphis MOJO said...

I'm not a golfer, but this looks like an amazing place to play. Love the boulders in the first shot.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Great photos of a wonderful resort. In 27 years of living in the PHoenix area, I have never seen a javalina in the wild. You photos yesterday and suggest that to see beauty and wildlife, we should go spend more time on the golf course.

EG CameraGirl said...

Looks like such a lovely spot to watch the sun come up.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

excellent photos for today. I love the Boulders and always enjoy the beauty and serenity of the resort and surrounding area. I am sure you had a great time staying there.

Buenos Aires Photoblog said...

I like the light in your pictures. BTW, this is a lovely recurring habit of yours. I love watching the sun rise, too.