Saturday, June 27, 2009

My first blogger meeting!

Last night I had the distinct pleasure of meeting one of my favorite photo bloggers, Susie of Arabia of Jeddah Daily Photo fame. I have been following Susie’s insightful blog since I discovered it about a year ago. I was thrilled to learn that Susie would be in the Phoenix area for a short time and that a friend of hers would host a party for her. In the photo above you see Julie of Scottsdale Daily Photo, Susie, me, and Dave of Tamarindo Costa Rica Daily Photo. We had a wonderful visit and I thank Susie’s friend for allowing us to come to her home so we could meet Susie in person.
I’ve been envious of some of our European bloggers who meet up with each other on occasion and share their photo experiences. I now feel like I’ve had one of those special meetings and I sincerely hope that more opportunities arise in the future.

9 comments:

Jilly said...

How fabulous! Great to meet you all - know you had the best time. Yes, isn't it great when Bloggers meet.

cieldequimper said...

Hello everybody, looks like you had a great time!

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

It was indeed a wonderful chance to visit with Susie of Arabia and gain additional insight into her remarkable life experiences in moving to Saudi Arabia several years ago. (And of course it is always good for Julie and me to see you, but we do that frequently.)

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

It was great fun to meet Susie and catch up on her big adventures in Saudi Arabia. Both of her website are just wonderful and full of information and interesting observations. Susie was a joy to meet in person and it is great when city daily photo bloggers meet each other as we all travel around the world.

Judy said...

Great photo of all of you. Wish I could have gone to the party.

glenda said...

Great looking group. What an added bonus of blogging to meet interesting people from around the world.

Tash said...

That's really terrific and how nice to be able to get together! It's nice to see the people behind the camera once in a while.

Susie of Arabia said...

You have no idea how very special it was for me to actually meet you all in person. I am so thrilled that you were able to come and we finally got to meet. I do give thanks every single day for modern technology, like the internet, because without it I would definitely go crazy in a place like Saudi Arabia. Blogging gives me a sense of purpose there. It has truly changed and enriched my life - and now meeting you three has enriched it all the more! Thank you for coming!!!

Lisa Wilson said...

What fun!!! I would love to meet up with you or any of our other bloggers here. Hopefully someday I make it to Phoenix, too. :)