Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Favorite Restaurant

Last December I told you about my favorite restaurant, Cheuvront’s Wine & Cheese Bar. Last Sunday after spending the morning at the Desert Botanical Gardens, I stopped in to try out the new brunch menu. I had a delightful meal with the usual friendly service and a wonderful Thai mint sangria to wash it down. I arrived late, so the restaurant wasn’t too busy and I had a great view out the front window watching the light rail trains as they whizzed by. Good food, friendly people, relaxing pace, and something to watch; who could ask for a better way to refresh after a long walk in a desert garden.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Cheese and wine is the most perfect combination! :-) Great composition!

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Cheuvront's is a great place to meet friends. It is walking distance from the Phoenix Art Museum, close to the Heard Museum, and is on the northern edge of downtown. It is a convenient place to meet before or after enjoying any of the cultural activities in the area.

We also like the fact that Ken Cheuvront keeps a diverse wine list, including Argentine wines. He has even led wine tours of Argentina and Chile. As you know, Sharon, from our trip together to Mendoza, Argentina, it is a delightful place to visit.

Randy said...

Sharon what I love so much about your blog is that you do so many things that I used to do when I lived there. Right now I am listening to KYOT 95.5 while looking at your photos. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday.

Buenos Aires Photoblog said...

Sounds like a great place to eat. Cheese and wine are an attracting combination to me. Yummy!

Buenos Aires Photo

Lowell said...

Can't beat a place like that!

Judy said...

We have enjoyed that restaurant when we have gone there with you. Very relaxing.