Sunday, September 7, 2008

To satisfy a craving

Saturday afternoon I was craving Mexican food, but wasn’t really in the mood for my regular venues. I hadn’t been to Tradiciones, the restaurant that is part of the Ranch Market chain in a while so I decided to go there. I was surprised to find they were filming a commercial inside the restaurant, but were welcoming guests in anyway.

They seated me right behind where the filming was taking place so it was a convenient opportunity take a few pictures. Ranch Market is a Hispanic concept market that is very popular in the Southwest. They have stores in California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas. Tomorrow I’ll post some pictures from inside the market.

7 comments:

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Sharon,
You are correct that Tradiciones is a wonderful restaurant, and I am really looking forward to your photo tomorrow of the inside of Pro's Ranch Market. It is spectacular. It is huge, as it was renovated from the site was a former big-box retailer.

The selection of meat, fresh produce, bakery goods, fish, etc. is outstanding. It is a shame that some Anglos may overlook it because its clientele is primarily Latino and some Anglos are unfamiliar with businesses that are popular with Latinos. The quality of the food, variety of the selection, the excellent service, and the cleanliness of the store are all first class.

The store you went into is at 16th St. & Roosevelt in central Phoenix, but they have other locations in south Phoenix, the west side, and a new store in Mesa in the East Valley.

glenda said...

This is such a great place to eat and shop. The bakery is fantastic. I love the Margaritas and the atmosphere.

Laurie Allee said...

How fun! What style of Mexican cuisine is popular in AZ? I grew up on TexMex and then was surprised at how different the style of Mexican food is in California. (More green chilis, cilantro and sour cream -- less red sauce.)

Randy said...

I never had the opportunity to eat here. Thanks for the look inside though. I hope you had a good lunch.

Jean-Charles said...

Thank you for your comment Sharon, a bit late thought. I've been really busy these past few days.

angela said...

Lovely looking restaurant and you had entertainment while eating...

Jan said...

I've heard of this place from co-workers, but having too many bad experiences with mexican food eateries lately I checked their rating with the Health Department before heading over. I guess ignorance would have been bliss, because I will never eat there based upon all the violations and complaints registered with the county. Too bad, looked like it might have been nice.