Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Construction Zone

This building stands out among the more traditional structures along Osborn Road. Its modern construction makes a striking contrast to the red brick office buildings that it is wedged between. I pass this building quite frequently and I have always admired it, but the image of those clouds reflected in the glass pulled me in to investigate more closely. It is the home of a General Contractor whose name is simply The Construction Zone. (Take a look at their site, they have another stunning picture of the building on their home page.)



The building sits lengthwise on the narrow lot and it appears to be constructed of glass, steel, and concrete. The small picture shows the end of the building that faces the street and the unique landscaping in front.Tomorrow I’ll show you a piece of art that is attached to a wall next to the building’s entrance.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The photos of this building (today and yesterday) are awesome! I really like this construction and the reflection of the clouds... and, of course, I also had to click on the smaller one to see the cacti, you know I love them... :-)

Putra Riau said...

I guess the area is nice, there are much stones at that place?

Hilda said...

I like it even more now that I see the whole building. I also like that little cactus garden.

Wayne said...

It's a unique design. I'm not surprised that it caught your eye Sharon. Good job.

Conchscooter said...

It's a shame xeriscaping isn't unremarkable in a time of water scarcity.